Our root chakra, known in Sanskrit as Muladhara chakra (the red one!), is our sense of stability, security and root to basic needs. This includes your basic need for food, water, shelter, safety, including your emotional needs.
So how can we adopt the reiki approach to our root chakra?
1. Create Space - clear clutter, tidy a drawer, cupboard and make way for new energy.
2. De-Clutter - send unwanted clothing to the charity shop, bric-a-brac no longer needed pass on and any trinkets, greeting cards or memorabilia is culled. We have our brains to "remember", we don't need "stuff".
3. Spring Clean - choose a room and clean it from top to bottom. Take your time. There's no rush. As you clean, think about how nice you feel after a shower or bath. Use fresh water and natural products. I like to use products from Method.
4. Buy a Plant - bringing a living thing into your home creates new energy. A simple plant rather than fresh flowers is good for the soul. Talk to your plant every day. Spray with water. Clean it's leaves. Watch it grow.
5. Food Energy - when you prepare food do you consider it's journey? Imagine for a second a carrot has feelings - do you prepare it for being sliced, diced, chopped? thank your carrot for growing. Thank your carrot for it's nutrition. As you prepare it for cooking, consider it's life cycle and shower it with gratitude. Your food will taste divine if you adopt this graceful preparation.
All we need to do is take a step back, consider our environment and implement a few simple lifestyle changes to bring the power or reiki into our lives.